[c-nsp] BGP - load-balancing on dual AS interconnection

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at autempspourmoi.be
Thu Jun 14 12:07:33 EDT 2007

Hi,

another question on a different topic : imagine BGP customer (C) and BGP
provider (P). For some reason C wants two links from P, in two different
cities.

So in city A we have router Ca connected to router Pa, and in city B Cb
connected to Pb.

Is it possible to achieve load-balancing on both links (my feeling is: no) ?
If yes, what configuration does it require from both C and P? Do things
change in case there is a second BGP provider?

Vincent