[c-nsp] Solid L2 switch - 2948G or 3548-XL-EN?

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Tue Jun 19 22:25:28 EDT 2007

Steve Feldman wrote:
> No, the 3548XL is layer 2 only.  I think the layer 3 features started
> showing up in the 3550 series switches.

IIRC, the XLs are all L2 only.  The 29nnXLs were strictly 100Mbps while
the 35nnXLs had Gig (uplinks).

> We still have many of the 3500XL-series switches in use, and we've been
> very happy with them.

We have some XLs of both flavors.  The only "really annoying" old ones
are the 4Mb 2900XLs - they can't trunk (other than uplinks).

Wasn't the 2948G the odd one that could do L3, but only the uplinks?  or
was that a 49xx?  Never had either one.

Jeff