[c-nsp] Clear Channel T3 Support on 3640 Platform

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Mar 14 02:19:47 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Bryan King wrote:

> Keep in mind of that the HSSI Network Module in a 3640 will only provide
> subrate performance on a T3. Do not expect to get the HSSI NM's rated
> 52Mbit speeds. If I recall, you can expect no better than around 30Mbit.

I have used 3640 with NM-HSSI (one at each end) and reliably got the full
bandwidth of the T3 (ie around 42-43 megabit/s).

It wasn't straightforward though, I think I triggered some bug because it
would only do this if I booted 12.0 mainline with a 12.1 or 12.2 config.
If I "wr mem" on 12.0 and rebooted, it would only attain 30-35 megabit/s.
Booting into 12.2, "wr mem" and rebooting back into 12.0 constistantly
(did this at least 5 times) would give full speeds.

Now, this was for just a few users and mostly with file transfer sessions,
but with fair-queue enabled.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se