[c-nsp] Jitter - s. ex at the work place

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Fri May 11 11:43:48 EDT 2007

Hello Janine:

Come into my office, I'd like to talk to you about the "a real pr1ck"
comment.  Just kidding.  :-)  Anyway, there is a fair amount of trend
reporting capabilities in Nagios when appropriately configured.  I've
had a fair amount of success with up/down reporting, but if your boss
decides he wants more granular SLA performance metrics (jitter, latency
over time, MTTR, etc.) that may be harder to accomplish without some
custom development.  In that case, I would look at Micromuse Netcool or
HP OpenView with the appropriate add-ins.  Either way, you're talking
over 100k just for the software/hardware and probably a similar number
for installation and configuration.

Mike