[c-nsp] T1 Cables

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri May 18 11:36:31 EDT 2007

On Fri, 18 May 2007, Vincent Aniello wrote:

> Are there cables specifically for use with T1s that we should be using
> to connect circuits to our Cisco routers with integrated CSU/DSUs?  We
> currently use CAT5E cables and have chronic problems with errors on a
> few of our circuits.  The cable length between the smart jack and router
> is 25 feet.

We use Cat5E cables all the time for T1s, with no problems.  What kinds of
errors do you get?  I suspect the errors are the result of something other
than using Cat5E cable.  Are the cable pre-made or do you make them
yourself?  Are you re-setting the line build-out at all?  25 feet isn't a
problem - in fact you might be getting a hot signal from the smartjack

jms