[c-nsp] PS failure in Cat4500 but no logging of event

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Sat May 26 14:21:09 EDT 2007

We've just noticed that a power supply in one of our Cat4500s has
failed. Normally we've found that Cisco equipment is extremely verbose
in the event of a power failure (our 3845s log once a minute until you
tell them to shut up) but we havn't heard a syslog peep out of these
and only noticed by accident that it had failed.

Anyone know why that might be? Am I missing some special power logging config?

On a side note, does anyone know if there is an SNMP OID for the
colour of the Supervisor LED as reported by 'sh env' ? I'd like to
monitor it as a generic catch-all that our other monitoring bits might
not notice (like this, for a start).

Thanks,
Ras