[c-nsp] Counterfeit gear (was "service unsupported-linecard")

The Security Community thesecuritycommunity at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 10:45:22 EST 2007

I suppose everyone knows counterfeit Cisco equipment has been
streaming out of China for over a year or more:

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2006/102306counterfeit.html?twht=102306thisweek

<tinfoilhat>

It has to be a Chinese government/military operation.  Wouldn't it be
nice to have your own code on thousands of routers and switches
worldwide?

</tinfoilhat>