[c-nsp] "Managed Services Launch" spam

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Oct 18 20:33:18 EDT 2007

Yikes!  EVERY email address that Cisco can think of harvesting here has
been absolutely buried with spam about this for a week, including our
ticket system and several role accounts.

Can someone please walk over to the marketing department with a clue-bat?

Networking people are generally pretty busy.  There isn't enough time in
the day to follow up on the hot stock tips, help Nigerian royalty get
their riches out of the country, enhance certain body parts, and now
watch this can't-miss lucrative webcast.  The webcast must surely be at
least as important and valuable as all of the other items above, it's
being advertised in exactly the same way.

Has anyone ever seen "emessage.cisco.com" used to source anything other
than spam?  (I'm seriously considering a few tweaks to the
"self-defending network" here.)

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net