[c-nsp] ios fw & pptp & 12.4(17.8)T

Kevin Graham kgraham at industrial-marshmallow.com
Tue Oct 30 16:10:26 EDT 2007

--- matthew zeier <mrz at velvet.org> wrote:

> Before I go crying to TAC, I'll try here first -
>
> I upgraded a 3845 to 12.4(17.8)T and ever since

Run and cry to TAC? If you're getting stuck on that an interim build that
new, then hopefully they're expecting it...

> folks using PPTP  complain that they can't connect to outside PPTP servers.

I had thought 'ip inspect <name> pptp' was just doing TCP inspection using
the PAM entry, and there was no actual PPTP inspection being done (so a
companion GRE permit never created). Are you sure this ever worked to the
same PPTP server?