[c-nsp] EAPS frames

Daniel Verlouw daniel at bit.nl
Wed Apr 2 16:13:16 EDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Richard Morrell wrote:

> A customer would like to use an untagged VLAN across the ISL link on
> the two 3560s and would like the link to be able to forward EAPS
> frames.  Will this work?  Do it require any config to enable it?

you will need to use Q-in-Q tunnels as EAPS requires at least two
vlans (one for the tagged control vlan, one or more for data).

Also, I would recommend you set the failtimer expiry-action on the
EAPS master node to open the secondary port when the failtimer
expires. If you leave the failtime expiry-action to its default value,
EAPS will not detect if a connection goes down while the ports on the
switches stay up. When the action is set to open-secondary-port, the
master node will open its secondary port as soon as it stops receiving
control packets on its secondary port.

--Daniel.