[c-nsp] changing from ospf to eigrp

Robert J. Huey rhuey at anzus.com
Fri Apr 4 21:43:37 EDT 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Dan Letkeman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to change our layer 3 switches from ospf to eirgrp.  Is
> there a way I can accomplish this on a live system without causing
> problems?

Yes.  I've done the opposite without much grief but we still called a
it flag day and did everything in one maintenance window.

> Can I run both at the same time?

Yes....    But keep in mind that EIGRP carries with it an administrative
distance of only '5' whereas OSPF is at 110.    You might consider moving
the adminstrative distance for EIGRP to something above OSPF across
your network until everyhting is in both routing processes. Then kill off
OSFP and move AD back to it's default values.

rgds,
   --r