[c-nsp] Cat6500 - Support for MPLS and IPv6

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sat Apr 5 00:44:52 EDT 2008

Gert,

FWIW, I spent a lot of time researching the 6500/7600 BU issue in
preparation for our last round of upgrades.  The best (and most honest)
answer I got about service provider software features on the 6500 series
was this:  We'll still support MPLS, IPv6 etc, but new feature may be
released on the 7600 series first, and made available for the 6500
series later.  It was also implied that some specific features may not
make the 6500 code train at all.

-- Stephen