[c-nsp] Stacking 3750s with 3550

P.V.Sankar sankar at cdotb.ernet.in
Mon Apr 7 23:52:36 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have a requirement of implementing standby(HSRP) for 6509 with two 3750s
(each with 12 SFP ports) & one 3550(2 Gigabit & 48 Fast Ethernet Ports). I
have stacked 3750s as a single unit. This is taking care of my SVI HSRP
requirement. I want to make 3550 also part of the 3750 stack, so it can take
care of my routed ports. I would like to know whether it is possible to make
3550 switch part of 3750 stack using gigabit ports etherchannelling. Just i
got the idea, but i am not sure whether it is technically possible.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Sankar