[c-nsp] Stacking 3750s with 3550

Tom Zingale (tomz) tomz at cisco.com
Tue Apr 8 10:53:41 EDT 2008

The 3550 cannot stack with the 3750.  There is a capability called
clustering that will allow single IP address management. Clustering is
not stacking (single entity) that you see when 3750's are connected
using the stack cable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/relea
se/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swclus.html

Ports). I
> have stacked 3750s as a single unit. This is taking care of my SVI
HSRP
> requirement. I want to make 3550 also part of the 3750 stack, so it
can
> take
> care of my routed ports. I would like to know whether it is possible
> make
> 3550 switch part of 3750 stack using gigabit ports etherchannelling.
Just