[c-nsp] Wanting to learn Juniper...

Jonathan Crawford jj at powerset.com
Fri Apr 11 04:26:28 EDT 2008

I do have to agree with Ben on this one... shutdown/negation of shutdown is one of the last things I would say is counter-intuitive... with JunOS the equivalent would be "deactivate interfaces ge-0/0/0" to shutdown ge-0/0/0. They are active by default when you create the entries for them and commit, but to activate a deactivated... it is just "activate interface ..."

The one nice thing about it is that "activate"/"deactivate" works with any part of the config just to temporarily disable it.