[c-nsp] Catalyst WS-C3524-PWR-XL

Masood Ahmad Shah masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Sat Apr 26 10:16:14 EDT 2008

Only one management VLAN can be administratively active at a time.
With the exception of VLAN 1, the management VLAN can be deleted.
When new management vlan created, the management VLAN is administratively
down.

You must be able to move your network management station to a switch port
assigned to the same VLAN as the new management VLAN. Connectivity through
the network must exist from the network management station to all switches
involved in the management VLAN change.

Switches running Cisco IOS 12.0(5)XP should be upgraded to the current
software release as described in the release notes.
Note: The management VLAN cannot be changed on Catalyst 1900 and 2820
switches or on Catalyst 2900 switches with 4 MB of memory; VLAN 1 must be
the management VLAN for these switches. The management VLAN is changed only
on switches running Cisco IOS Release12.0(5)XU.

You can delete any management VLAN except VLAN 1 by using the CLI.

Regards,
Masood Ahmad Shah
BLOG: http://www.weblogs.com.pk/jahil/