[c-nsp] DPD dead peer detection

Terry Baranski tbaranski at mail.com
Sat Aug 2 15:31:09 EDT 2008

Stefan,

You're right -- DPD is just a keepalive.  It sounds like what you want is
two "set peer" statements in Router-B's crypto-map.  If you have recent
enough code you can put the "default" command after the ISP1 peer statement
to make it the primary.  If not, I don't know of a way to always prefer one
peer over the other -- in my experience the first peer in a crypto-map isn't
always the one used (at the very least, the failover behavior seems to be
non-revertive).

I think you'll still want to use DPD in this scenario for reliable failure
detection -- it should allow Router-B to switch peers faster during a
failure.

-Terry