[c-nsp] New IPv6 BGP peer on a pure IPv4 network

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Dec 2 06:27:21 EST 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Ziv Leyes wrote:

> Will we be able to perform this task by ourselves or with the lack of
> knowledge/experience will be better to call someone that knows the job?

IPv6 is not magic. If you can do IPv4 BGP comfortably, you most likely
have all the necessary basic knowledge to learn IPv6 in a few hours. Your
7200 will do it in the image you're running and it doesn't really use that
much more memory or any other resources.

You can start to spend an hour in front of
<http://www.6diss.org/e-learning/> to get an introduction to IPv6, there
is also an excellent document at CCO
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/12_4/ipv6_12_4_book.pdf>
which has what you need and much more.