[c-nsp] 3550 switch password question

chloe K chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 5 12:47:48 EST 2008

Hi

  Thank you for your help. I can recovery the password

  Now I have question about password

  1/ When I boot up the switch, the switch can be accessed by console without password in user mode

  ls it normal?

  switch>

  2/ I use the following guidline to setup the password.
  What is the different between "enable secret" and "enable password"
  which one is super usermode?

  Thank you

  !--- To overwrite existing secret password
  Sw1(config)#enable secret <new_secret_password>

  !--- To overwrite existing enable password
  Sw1(config)#enable password <new_enable_password>

  !--- To overwrite existing vty password
  Sw1(config)#line vty 0 15
Sw1(config-line)#password <new_vty_password>
  Sw1(config-line)#login

!--- To overwrite existing console password
  Sw1(config-line)#line con 0
Sw1(config-line)#password <new_console_password>