[c-nsp] CoPP configuration..

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Thu Dec 11 07:08:07 EST 2008

Hi,

Can anyone offer me advice on configuring CoPP on internet-facing edge
routers?

I'm running 12.4(21a) on 7200VXR's.

I have an initial configuration with the usual well documented
classifications
(http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/coppwp_gs.html)
and can access the proper values (I think)from
CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB, which I could graph in MRTG without too much
difficulty. Heres the output from 'sh policy-map control-plane':

sh policy-map control-plane | include offered
5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
5 minute offered rate 1000 bps
5 minute offered rate 2000 bps
5 minute offered rate 0 bps
5 minute offered rate 0 bps
5 minute offered rate 1000 bps
5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps

These values are 'bursty' and seem to come in multiples of 1000. Is
there any merit in graphing these values over time and setting CoPP MQC
values from that? It feels a bit crude.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Tohill