[c-nsp] ASA & dropped packets from NMS

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Wed Feb 6 05:09:30 EST 2008

Ben Steele wrote:
> Do you have an IPS module installed (ie AIP-SSM-10 etc.)?
>
> If not then it maybe something being caught by ip audit if you have
> that configured to drop packets upon a match, "sh ip audit count" will
> give you stats on that, is there any rate-limiting configured?
Thanks for the hints ... the problem is solved anyway, we took out the
ASA and ran the server without, and the lost packets still occurred ...
turns out the ETH interface of the server is buggy ... switched to the
other on-board interface, and everything is fine, both with and without
the ASA in between ...

Regards, -garry