[c-nsp] EoMPLS between 7600 & 7200 config clarification

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Wed Feb 6 08:04:30 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 06:36:57AM -0500, Jose wrote:
> One quick side question since we're all talking EoMPLS.  Is it possible
> to do VLAN translation/remapping with EoMPLS?  Can one side have SVI 800
> and the other side have SVI 400 but use VC 300 on both xconnect
> statements to "tie them" together?

Not with SVI (unless you use osm-ge-wan, es20 or sip/spa as uplinks),
but with mux-uni it works just well:

RouterA:
interface TenGigabitEthernet6/2.3097
 encapsulation dot1Q 3097
 xconnect <RouterB> 888 encapsulation mpls

RouterB:
interface GigabitEthernet4/15.888
 encapsulation dot1Q 888
 xconnect <RouterA> 888 encapsulation mpls

you see, on one side this is vlan id 888, and on other side it's 3097.

PS: you should be careful with such remapping. EoMPLS in PFC mode is
really transparent to all types of frames. And not all protocols can
handle 'vlan change' well. For example, as PVST carries vlan id
within its BPDU - spanning-tree will generate error 'Wrong Vlan in BPDU'
and will refuse to forward packets to 'remapped' vlan.