[c-nsp] Rate-limiting traffic on 3500

Daniel Hooper dhooper at emerge.net.au
Tue Jan 22 08:15:12 EST 2008

Classifying Traffic on a Per-Port Per-VLAN Basis by Using Class Maps

You use the class-map global configuration command to name and to isolate a specific traffic flow (or class) from all other traffic. To further classify the traffic flow, the class map defines the matching criteria to use.

To define packet classification on a per-port per-VLAN basis, follow these guidelines:

* <https://mail.team.emerge.net.au/i/templates/blank.gif> You must use the match-all keyword with the class-map global configuration command.

* <https://mail.team.emerge.net.au/i/templates/blank.gif> Per-port per-VLAN classification is a per-port feature and does not work on redundant links. It is supported only on an ingress port configured as a trunk or as a static-access port.

* <https://mail.team.emerge.net.au/i/templates/blank.gif> The class map must have two match commands in this order: one match vlan vlan-list class-map configuration command and one match class-map class-map-name class-map configuration command. The class map specified in the match class-map class-map-name command must be predefined and cannot contain the match vlan vlan-list and the match class-map class-map-name commands.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1145280