[c-nsp] GPON

Andrey Oleinik Andrey_Oleinik at bms-consulting.com
Fri Jul 11 07:42:46 EDT 2008

Can U rephrase ur Q about power?
Anyway try to dig here www.flexlight-networks.com
IMHO this guys are leaders in GPON. If U're interesting I'll give U personal contact of FLN's human.

--
Respect,  Andy Oleynik
Telecom Dpt Chief

andyo> -----Original Message-----
andyo> From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-
andyo> bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Mike Johnson
andyo> Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 7:10 PM
andyo> To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
andyo> Subject: [c-nsp] GPON
andyo>
andyo> Does anybody have any GPON experience on the list?
andyo>
andyo> If so I am looking for Pros and Cons for implementing this for the
andyo> CAN.
andyo>
andyo> Is there a power savings or the power requirement just pushed out
andyo> to the
andyo> desktop?
andyo> hardware required to build a PON? OLTs, ONT/ONUs, splitters?
andyo> How is GPON managed?
andyo> Pice comparisons?
andyo>
andyo> Basically whatever info you have outside the classic definition,
andyo>
andyo> harbor235 ;}