[c-nsp] Cisco MMPPP

Ben Steele ben.steele at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 16 03:21:27 EDT 2008

i'm talking strictly between your LNS and your CPE here, if you find
your MMPPP is giving poor performance due to physical differences
between the 2 sessions (ie speed and latency), then try doing
something a little more creative like multihopping both ppp sessions
onto the one router and using (as you mentioned) cef per-destination
load sharing over the 2 unique ppp sessions, or alternatively let a
routing protocol handle the work and advertise part of your subnet out
one link and part out the other with redundancy, or even GRE tunnels
etc etc.. there are quite a few ways you can achieve the desired
outcome, this is of course only if your mmppp fails.

Cheers

Ben