[c-nsp] OT: Possible List Troll/Spammer..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Thu Jul 17 16:12:02 EDT 2008

 After posting to the list last week, sure enough I got a Cisco reseller
solicitation from a Matt Martyniuk [mmartyniuk at f5technology.com] to buy or
sell Cisco gear.  I looked back at the past years archive, and I don't see a
single posting from this person on the list, so can only assume they are
trolling/spamming people on here looking for business, as the message read:

"I came across you on puck.nether.net and noticed you use Cisco networking
equipment.  I've done business with many IT professionals on puck and wanted
to see if there was opportunity for us to do some business.  I manage IT
hardware assets for various companies and specialize in Cisco networking
gear."

 Not sure if others are getting this, but I know for a fact I have never
dealt with Function5 before, so figured I would take a moment and let
everyone know..

---
Howard Leadmon