[c-nsp] 7200s (VXRs and not) and MPLS capabilities

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Jun 13 10:34:00 EDT 2008

Thanks for the replies.  This was exactly what I was looking for.  I'm
familiar with the newer VXRs.  We have 2 7206VXRs w/ G1 which work
great.  These older 7200 would be for a new venture that we're getting
into.  The cost of placing cheap, lower-end 7200s at remote COs to
terminate fewer customers in a CLEC arrangement may be cheaper than
backhauling DS3s from the ILEC back to a central point and terminating
them all on a new 7206VXR w/ a G2.  We're weighing both options.  The
non-VXRs can be had for a song from one of our business affiliates which
is why we're considering them.  I'm buying 7201s for some other
applications and plan on upgrading our G1s to G2s this year or next to
better support the border router function that they're serving today.  I
hope full tables isn't requested.  Given the SMB market that we're
targeting I would be surprised if I got that request.

Thanks for all the info!
  Justin