[c-nsp] Vs Ethernet over MPLS on Cisco 6500 with SUP2 and MFC2

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Wed Jun 18 15:20:12 EDT 2008

> I have over a dozen of EoMPLS tunnels running in production over years on
> 7609s
> with OSM-4GE-WAN-GBIC linecards running 12.1(22)E1 without any problems.

I'm glad it's working for you. However, it sounds like the original
poster only has Sup2/MSFC2 and no OSMs. In this situation, I would
claim that anybody wanting to buy *new* OSMs just to be able to have
MPLS on the Sup2/MSFC2 seriously needs to rethink plans. Sup720 or
RSP720 is definitely the way to go on the 6500/7600.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no