[c-nsp] Full duplex 10Base-T (was Re: 1720 dot1q Problem)

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Mon Jun 23 16:48:01 EDT 2008

Devin Kinch wrote:
> Not supported on the 1720 (hardware limitation of the Ethernet chipset).  I
> have one in my lab, and this has always bugged me, especially since the
> NM-2E2W modules (only 10/half) do support dot1q.

Totally as an aside, the NM-2E2W does actually support 10/full starting
with 12.0(4)T. I have some NM-1E2W's that are configured as full-duplex,
and aside from some equipment needing to be told 10/full, it works as
advertised.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800ad3cc.shtml

Seth Mattinen		sethm at rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC