[c-nsp] Sup32 TCAM limit

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:27:49 EDT 2008

Like you said, the limit is around 250k routes.  The box will through
a FIB EXCEPTION when it reaches that limit.  It will remove the
shortest-match prefixes from the TCAM and install a default route with
a PUNT adjacency, which punts traffic to the MSFC.  You don't really
want to software switch anything through the SUP32...

I don't know anyone that uses the SUP32 to carry a full Internet table.

Phil