[c-nsp] Sup32 TCAM limit

The Father lobo at allstream.net
Thu Jun 26 22:38:46 EDT 2008

Man, that's just swell.  We recently ran into this same issue after
enabling MPLS on our SUP32s (core and gateways).  I always had a feeling
that they were limited but didn't really realize it until we started
seeing the EXCEPTION messages.  I'm hoping they can last another year or
so and then replace them with either GSRs or ASR1000s.....the gateways
that is....the core I would hope to have BGP-less and possibly free up
some routes with additional OSPF enhancements.

So if these SUP32s are pretty much useless for holding the full internet
tables, what good are they?  PEs sometimes have full Internet routes so
where would they fit in?

Jose