[c-nsp] BGP sessions won't establish.

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Fri Jun 27 21:46:46 EDT 2008

Roy wrote:
> Just to bring everybody up to date, the ISP keeps saying its something
> we are doing.  To eliminates any quirks, we have a spare router
> directly connected to the metro ethernet box now.
I've not really paid much attention to the technical side of this, but
having turned up BGP peering with dozens of carriers and smaller ISPs in
the past, I'd just throw it back at them and have them supply a
functional configuration for you.

Why are you wasting your time on this? I assume you're not paying for
the circuit yet, so put some pressure on them and make them realize that
they can start billing when they figure out how to make the damn thing
work for you.

They're the provider and you're the customer - Make them earn their
contract value :)

David