[c-nsp] T1 Bonding with PA-MC-T3

Ben Steele ben at internode.com.au
Sat Mar 15 11:18:06 EDT 2008

Actually I can vouch for per-packet working fine for sensitive
applications like VoIP as long as your bonded lines are basically
parallel in the sense they are the same technology over the same
distance with the same characteristics, ie multiple T1 lines through
the same carrier to the same destination, most VoIP software these
days has allowance built in for de-jittering and buffering of packets
so an out of order packet shouldn't actually matter that much over
this particular scenario, it's more when the lines you are per-packet
sharing over are quite unbalanced in their characteristics ie latency/
serialization/throughput etc.

In my real world experience per-packet is fine for bonded T1 based on
the above guidelines.

Ben