[c-nsp] Netflow Top Talkers?

Ben Steele ben at internode.com.au
Tue Mar 18 05:52:36 EDT 2008

On 18/03/2008, at 8:08 PM, Gert Doering wrote:

> Actually netflow is much *less* resource-hungry than "ip accounting".

I was referring to the overall resources ie the huge amount of disk
space often needed, the servers to collect it etc.. as for the actual
routers resources I'll take your word for it as I can't see anyone
using ip accounting for anything on a large scale anyway, it's hardly
descriptive but I do find it handy in those times when you are on the
spot and looking for a culprit who is chewing bandwidth, I guess it
makes more sense to use ip route-cache flow and the output of a sh ip
cache flow in that case if netflow truly is that much better on the
routers resources, oh well learn something new every day :)

Cheers

Ben