[c-nsp] Nagios plugin to check Cisco hardware

Michiel Timmers michiel.timmers at gmx.net
Tue Mar 25 18:22:30 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I post this here because I think that there are a lot of Nagios users on this list that might find the following useful.

I recently enriched a Nagios plugin to check all sorts of Juniper hardware using SNMP. The original plugin also let you alow to check Cisco blades/modules and is created by Patrick Proy (http://nagios.manubulon.com/) but he never published this updated version on his site but I think you like it.

Here is a example output of a Cisco 6500 router that had some problems:
#./check_snmp_environment.pl -H <ip> -C <snmp> -T ciscoSW
Card slot 0(Centralized Forwarding Card): status DownCard slot 4(CEF720 4 port 10-Gigabit Ethernet): status Down7/9cards OK, 0modules OK : CRITICAL

and on a 12400:
#./check_snmp_environment.pl -H <ip> -C <snmp> -T ciscoSW
Card slot 0(Performance Route Processor): status Down, : 6/7cards OK, : CRITICAL

See the following site for more details and download:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Networking.53.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=1269

Michiel