[c-nsp] Nagios plugin to check Cisco hardware

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:59:46 EDT 2008

Thanks for the tip, this is a pretty useful plugin.

This brings up the question of any other useful plugins people are using in
Nagios.  I know I've spent plenty of time searching NagiosExchange, but it
is a somewhat daunting task, given the huge hierarchical layout.  I'd like
to know of the "top" plugins, similar to how Cacti's top plugins are thold,
mactrack, etc.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Michiel Timmers <michiel.timmers at gmx.net>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I post this here because I think that there are a lot of Nagios users on
> this list that might find the following useful.
>
> I recently enriched a Nagios plugin to check all sorts of Juniper hardware
> using SNMP. The original plugin also let you alow to check Cisco
> blades/modules and is created by Patrick Proy (
> http://nagios.manubulon.com/) but he never published this updated version
> on his site but I think you like it.
>
> Here is a example output of a Cisco 6500 router that had some problems:
> #./check_snmp_environment.pl -H <ip> -C <snmp> -T ciscoSW
> Card slot 0(Centralized Forwarding Card): status DownCard slot 4(CEF720 4
> port 10-Gigabit Ethernet): status Down7/9cards OK, 0modules OK : CRITICAL
>
> and on a 12400:
> #./check_snmp_environment.pl -H <ip> -C <snmp> -T ciscoSW
> Card slot 0(Performance Route Processor): status Down, : 6/7cards OK, :
> CRITICAL
>
> See the following site for more details and download:
>
> http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Networking.53.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=1269<http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Networking.53.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bp_view%5D=1269>
>
> Michiel

Eric Cables