[c-nsp] Maintenace management

Higham, Josh jhigham at epri.com
Mon May 19 17:19:41 EDT 2008

Purchase enough where you have a vendor who will manage it for you and
the cell number of an account rep at Cisco that you can call if there
are problems.

Another important item is to make everything coterminus (generally the
end of the year) so that you can set aside time and make sure to cover
everything that you need, rather than doing it on an ad-hoc basis.

We recently had an RMA delayed by several days because the TAC
entitlement DB did not match the account entitlement DB, even though the
contracts had been purchased months before.  I can't imagine what
actually happened or why the process even uses two different databases.

Thanks,
Josh