[c-nsp] Discussion list for RADIUS?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri May 23 22:47:50 EDT 2008

Hi,

	What it boils down to is that when you auth, you have the potential
for a "Session-Timeout" reply. Lets say its 120 minutes. You get back that
you are authorized with that attribute.

	You send the accounting start record and off the user goes. 10 minutes
into the session, the operators/a process/whatever decides to change your Radius
entry so that the new Session-Timeout would be 5 minutes. How, if at all, does
the NAS become aware of this?

	It doesn't seem that accounting records play into any of this. I
see where in 2866 you send a type 4, and get a type 5 back (Accounting-Request
and Accounting-Response). The Accounting-Response seems like it only says
"I've seen, I've recorded, thank you". If the ID was deleted, it appears it
might not care.

	I'm just wondering except for constantly re-authorizing and getting
the Session-Timeout (Or worse, an Access-Reject) is there any way for a NAS
to know that the Session-Timeout has expired, the ID is no longer valid, etc.

			Thanks, Tuc