[c-nsp] ASR 9000

Christian MacNevin christian.macnevin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:40:26 EST 2008

Am I the only one that's getting a bit wary of Cisco crowding their own
product space?

I guess it looks like they're trying to draw complete distinctions between
their enterprise space and their carrier
space, but who's ever really respected that distinction? Even if they do,
the carrier I guess is doing ok by getting
XR everywhere, but the typical enterprise is going to run a combination of
3500/3750, 2800/3800, 6500, 7600
and ASR1000s, right? So five different groups of platforms with five
distinct feature sets and code bases. Not to
mention any 'legacy' stuff you're running out there.

God help anybody who deployed 7300s.