[c-nsp] looking for ideas on configuring HQos egress shaping on ES20G cards in 7600

Munroe, James (DSS/MAS) James.Munroe at gnb.ca
Fri Oct 3 15:13:29 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm looking for anyone who might have any recommendations from similar
setups they've done with H-Qos on ES20 linecards providing aggregate
shaping to remote sites made up of multiple VLANs.

Here's my scenario, looking to create H-Qos egress service policy on an
ES20G 1GE interface to shape multiple sub-interfaces as a single
aggregate shaper per site.  Basically each site is a combination of
multiple assigned VLANs with a 1GE headend and the remotes are either 10
or 100Mbps accesses.  For example:

interface GigabitEthernet8/0/1
 description * Main Interface *
!
interface GigabitEthernet8/0/1.10
 description * Site # 1 - VLAN 10 #
 encapsulation dot1Q 10
 ip vrf forwarding site1
 ip address 10.1.10.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet8/0/1.11
 description * Site # 1 - VLAN 11 #
 encapsulation dot1Q 11
 ip vrf forwarding site1
 ip address 10.1.11.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet8/0/1.12
 description * Site # 1 - VLAN 12 #
 encapsulation dot1Q 12
 ip vrf forwarding site1
 ip address 10.1.12.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet8/0/1.20
 description * Site # 2 - VLAN 20 #
 encapsulation dot1Q 20
 ip vrf forwarding site2
 ip address 10.1.20.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet8/0/1.21
 description * Site # 2 - VLAN 21 #
 encapsulation dot1Q 11
 ip vrf forwarding site2
!
interface GigabitEthernet8/0/1.22
 description * Site # 2 - VLAN 22 #
 encapsulation dot1Q 22
 ip vrf forwarding site2
 ip address 10.1.22.1 255.255.255.0
!

Site #1 is made up of VLAN 10,11,12 and Site #2 is made of VLAN
20,21,22.  My goal is to apply a H-Qos service policy that shapes the
site VLAN groups to not exceed the access speed to the remote.  VLANs
10-12 for site #1 would not exceed a combined shaper of 10Mbps where
VLANs 20-22 for site #2 would not exceed a combined shaper of 100Mbps.
The main interface Gi8/0/1 is a 1GE interface.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim