[c-nsp] 65xx QOS question

Uddin, Tahir tahir.uddin at alliancebernstein.com
Mon Oct 6 15:34:44 EDT 2008

Hi All

I have a 6708 8 port 10 Gig module which has a transmit queue structure
of 1p7q4t. By default, the transmit queue mapping are done by cos values
on these modules and in most modules/switches. I was contemplating
changing the queuing mode to dscp because it provides more granularity.
Does anyone know of any potential issues with this strategy.?

Does any one know a reason why Cisco does not use the dscp queuing mode
by default?. It seems to make sense to me.

Thanks

The information contained in the linked e-mail transmission and any attachments may be

privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named in the

linked e-mail transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent

responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you should not review,

disseminate, distribute or duplicate this e-mail transmission or any attachments . If you

are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and

destroy all copies of the original message. We do not accept account orders and/or

instructions related to AllianceBernstein products or services by e-mail, and therefore will

not be responsible for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. The linked e-mail

transmission and any attachments are provided for informational purposes only and should not

be construed in any manner as any solicitation or offer to buy or sell any investment

opportunities or any related financial instruments and should not be construed in any manner

as a public offer of any investment opportunities or any related financial instruments.  If

you, as the intended recipient of the linked e-mail transmission, the purpose of which is to

inform and update our clients, prospects and consultants of developments relating to our

services and products, would not like to receive further e-mail correspondence from the

sender, please "reply" to the sender indicating your wishes.  Although we attempt to sweep

e-mail and attachments for viruses, we will not be liable for any damages arising from the

alteration of the contents of this linked e-mail transmission and any attachments by a third

party or as a result of any virus being passed on.

Please note:
Trading instructions sent electronically to Bernstein shall not be deemed accepted until a

representative of Bernstein acknowledges receipt electronically or by telephone. Comments in

the linked e-mail transmission and any attachments are part of a larger body of investment

analysis. For our research reports, which contain information that may be used to support

investment decisions, and disclosures, see our website at www.bernsteinresearch.com.