[c-nsp] Errors before boot loader

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Sep 10 04:28:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 16:01 +0200, Rens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should I worry about errors that are sent from the boot loader?

If Rodney says no, you probably shouldn't. :-)

> %SYS-4-CONFIG_NEWER: Configuration from version 12.4 may not be correctly
> understood
> %AAAA-4-SERVUNDEF: The server-group "tacacs+" is not defined. Please define
> it.
> %AAAA-4-SERVUNDEF: The server-group "tacacs+" is not defined. Please define
> it.
> %AAAA-4-SERVUNDEF: The server-group "tacacs+" is not defined. Please define
> it.
> % CEF not enabled. Enable first
> % CEF not enabled. Enable first
> % CEF not enabled. Enable first
> % CEF not enabled. Enable first
> %SYS-6-BOOT_MESSAGES: Messages above this line are from the boot loader.

If it's a platform with seperate boot-image (like 7200) you could update
this boot loader. I don't know exactly why one would/wouldn't do that,
but the first line seems to indicate that boot-image and IOS-image are
different versions.

We have several routers running different versions of boot and IOS,
apparantly with no problems, but we've begun upgrading the boot code to
match the IOS though, if not for anything else then for the looks.

Any reason not to do this? Or to do it?

Regards,
Peter