[c-nsp] Errors before boot loader

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Sep 10 04:51:03 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 16:28:35 Peter Rathlev wrote:

> If it's a platform with seperate boot-image (like 7200)
> you could update this boot loader. I don't know exactly
> why one would/wouldn't do that, but the first line seems
> to indicate that boot-image and IOS-image are different
> versions.

We see these kinds of logs from the boot loader on various
7200's we have in production, e.g., it says the 'mtu'
command configured on one or more of the interfaces named
is not supported, e.t.c., and yet we know the full IOS
image supports it.

It doesn't bother us, since we know the full image will have
the full feature support we need.

Cheers,

Mark.