[c-nsp] Static Route based on next hop reachable

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Sep 17 22:24:43 EDT 2008

Hi there..

This is a bit of a long story .. But what we are looking for is to create a
static route only if the next hop is reachable and directly connected. is
this possible?

I seem to remember there is a way to do this via IP SLA statements where if
a condition is met then do X

Can anyone enlighten me on this?  We have some clients connecting via PPPOE
to a 7206VXR but now want to move towards load balancing where the client
could connect to multiple devices in a round robin format.  The more obvious
answer would be to create the routes via Radius but this has proven
difficult due to a proprietary system in use to create the radius users
file.

Thanks,

Paul