[c-nsp] Using generic Compact Flash in Cisco Routers...

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Sep 18 16:02:34 EDT 2008

Jonathan Charles wrote:
> So, does it work?

Search the list archives for the thread on CF cards titles "SUP720-3B /
3rd party CF".  It was around 9/3/08.

I bought dozens of the cheapest Kingston 1GB CF cards and have been
using them in everything from ISRs to ASAs to Sup720-3BXLs and they've
worked in all of them.  Specifically I've bought model "CF/1GB".  It
runs about $10.  Avoid the ones that advertise faster write speeds and
other frilly fancy features.  Those are the ones giving people problems.

Justin