[c-nsp] GSS and ACE

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Wed Apr 22 11:05:53 EDT 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 10:50 PM, Eric Gauthier wrote:

> We're interested in the same sort of question.

You can play all kinds of DNS games with GSS based upon load (via
probes), perceived topological distance, up/down status, et. al.  It
has some DNS DoS self-defense mechanisms built in, too.

There are some open-source tools which can be used to do various types
of clustering/redirection/etc., as well:

<http://www.backhand.org/mod_backhand/>

<http://www.backhand.org/wackamole/>

<http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-a-high-availability-load-balancer-with-haproxy-wackamole-spread-on-debian-etch

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // +852.6904.8571 mobile

   Our dreams are still big; it's just the future that got small.

		   -- Jason Scott