[c-nsp] IPV6 in general was Re: Large networks

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Wed Aug 26 19:28:36 EDT 2009

There are DHCP parameters we rely on every single day.

Phones: Voice VLAN assignment, plus boot server
DNS->Hostname mapping (having the DHCP server dynamically register the
host/device in DNS)
DNS Domain Name
NTP/Time offset
Legacy WINS servers (yes, I have networks unwilling/unable to get rid of
this)

Those just don't exist in v6 auto configuration.