[c-nsp] %CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE: Processing of Quick mode failed with peer at 11.22.33.44

luismi asturluismi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 10:21:59 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I just configured a cisco 1841 to create a ipsec vpn against another
network (exactly against a PFSense box) and I am seeing a lot messages
like

%CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE:  Processing of Quick mode failed with peer
at 11.22.33.44
%CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE:  Processing of Quick mode failed with peer
at 11.22.33.44
%CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE:  Processing of Quick mode failed with peer
at 11.22.33.44

I was checking the "Error Message Decoder" but I didn't find any useful
information there.

So I would like to know if some here saw this message before and maybe
can give some clue about what things I should start to look.

So far, the VPN seems to work ok.

Thanks in advance.