[c-nsp] Acceptance Test Procedure for New Cisco Devices

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jan 20 19:18:25 EST 2009

Yep, that's the other end of the spectrum.

If the test is extremely detailed, it can also mitigate liability by
being "thorough" and "complete" from a contractual obligation
perspective.   Precision is always better than ambiguity from a legal
perspective, all other things being equal.  It can still consist of
little to no meaningful work.

Something like:

   * Power-cycle high availability metrics assessment.
   * IOS command line interface code train regression test.
   * Layer 2 Media Access Control interface state transition test.
   * NTP time server synchronisation exercise under nonzero load.
   * Telnet RFC 854 interoperability regime.
   * RFC 1073 NAWS compliance test.
   * NVRAM installation verification.
   * Flash I/O subsystem test.
   * Professional interface inspection for jumbo frame incidence.
   * Deployment of Maximum Transfer Unit (MTU) processing engine.
   * Metaphysical Feature Card (MPFC) integration.

But unless that seems straightforward to do, the best route is cloudy
ambiguity.