[c-nsp] Cisco Catalyst 2960PD-8TT-L

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Mon Jul 27 15:07:06 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 01:57:29PM -0500, Justin Shore wrote:
> Nick Hilliard wrote:
>> On 27/07/2009 17:39, Justin Shore wrote:
>>> The only Cisco-branded switches in the product line that won't have
>>> have a CLI are the Express switches.  This of course means that the
>>> LinkSys switches won't have a Cisco CLI (if they have one at all which
>>> I doubt).
>> http://lcli.wikidot.com/
>
> Interesting.  So they don't have a Cisco CLI but they have an otherwise
> limited CLI if you know the tricks to get into it.  I don't think that will
> be helpful in RANCID though.  I don't think I can make it jump through all
> the hoops necessary to get logged in or pass meta control characters.
> Interesting nonetheless though.
>
> Thanks
>  Justin

Given the partial commands they gave, it looks VERY similar to the CLI used
in Dell Powerconnect 5xxx line.  I believe there is a dlogin/drancid that
works to archive configurations of those devices.

If you can't find them, you can also just use clogin with a custom string to
set term length (terminal datadump\r), and match the default login banner
(User Name instead of Username).  Then you can copy the default rancid to
drancid, and change the @commandtable to only do show version, show vlan,
and show running-config.

--
Brandon Ewing                                        (nicotine at warningg.com)